Am I stupid or what?

Discussion in 'General' started by willebanks, Jun 29, 2006.

1. willebanks

willebanks New Member

Hi all,

Well I have everything setup (ISPConfig)...It all seems to be working! Mail is sending and receiving! Yea!
    I have purchased a new Domain name and a web page template that I want to customize! And I'm ready to begin. I just can't seem to make heads or tails of the Documentation.:confused:

I have logged on and changed the Admin password...I just can't figure out what to do next! Do I have to create a reseller account before I create a customer account and is a customer account what I need to start? I just want to be able to "host" a website for my son's band and maybe a few "test" sites for myself until I feel comfortable with how everything works.

All of the tutorials only seem to get me where I am now..With ISPConfig up and running! I am sorry, I really hate to ask for more help...everyone has been great helping me get Postfix running... I just need a push in the right direction!

Thanks everyone for all the help, now and into the future!

Will Banks:confused:

Jeeze, I can build a computer with my eyes closed( and it even works!)...why can't I get this?

Last edited: Jun 29, 2006
  2. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

You need to create a customer, and under that customer you can create your web site.
    It's up to you if you want to create the customer under the admin group or under a reseller (in that case you'd have to create a reseller first).

3. willebanks

willebanks New Member

Wow again Falko is the man!

I do have one question...why are all the email address proceeded by web1_ ! Is there a way to change this?

Thanks again...I'm sure that I'll have more questions but at least now I'm going in the right direction!

Will Banks

4. SupuS

SupuS Member HowtoForge Supporter

Try Management => System Config => Setting => ISP Manager => User Prefix

5. mphayesuk

mphayesuk Member HowtoForge Supporter

The email address prefix is only for logging into the mail account by changing the prefix so that you dont get anything before the mail name as Supus suggested (instructions only not what to change to) you will only be able to have one username.

Thats not very clear is it.....

ok you can have [email protected] so if you leave the prefix as is the username for logging onto the mail is web1_jbloggs.

But if you take away all prefixes you can only have one jbloggs no matter how many domain names you have.

So if you have 100 customers there can only ever be one jbloggs with no prefix, so you will be limiting the email addresses you can have spread across your customers.

This may all be wrong but I am sure its how the system works.

6. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer