Amarok woes with Ipod

Discussion in 'Desktop Operation' started by davidblaine, Mar 13, 2008.

1. davidblaine

davidblaine New Member

Hello, first, I'm sorry if this question is in the wrong forum.

I read the four page tutorial here at Howtoforge, Using an Ipod with Amarok.

All went well, but now my Ipod says it contains no music, and I can't play my files using the device as a portable. Also, when I connect it to Itunes on a windows computer, the program says it can't read the Ipod.

But the data is still on there! If I remount the device in Linux, Amarok still sees all the songs and plays them.

I seem to have ejected the device correctly. I waited until the "safe to disconnect" message came on the Ipod's screen.

Any help is appreciated.

2. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

What Ipod version are you using? The last generation doesn't work with Linux because Apple wants everyone to use iTunes.

3. davidblaine

davidblaine New Member

It is I believe the third generation Nano, which is the one with known issues.

Well, I imagine someone will come up with something down the road. Thanks,

Dave

4. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

5. davidblaine

davidblaine New Member

Thanks, Falko. I'd been directed to that first article before. I tried to walk through the steps, but it's over my head. Reading the S/N and making a Sys.info file didn't change anything. The other articles only seem to explain that I should have bought an MP3 player and not an Ipod. Oh well....

I expect there are enough curious souls out there that Amarok will soon support these new style players.

Thanks again.

6. topdog

topdog Active Member

You are darm right dont waste you money on a vendor that is hell bent on locking you in to their proprietary platforms