Amavis not working

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Jean-François Questiaux, Feb 14, 2017.

1. I just installed a multiserver setup (with Debian 8), following the instructions int he ISPConfig 3.1 manual and everything works fine, except one thing: I can receive mail but I can' t send. The email client (Maill, for MacOs) reports "Relay access denied".
    The problem seems to be related with Amavis that is not starting.
    This is the outpout of systemctl status amavis.service:
    amavis.service - LSB: Starts amavisd-new mailfilter
    Loaded: loaded (/etc/init.d/amavis)
    Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Tue 2017-02-14 09:35:05 CET; 11min ago
    Feb 14 09:35:05 serv11mail.better-web.fr amavis[12040]: Starting amavisd: RSA.xs:178: OpenSSL error: no start ... 73.
    Feb 14 09:35:05 serv11mail.better-web.fr amavis[12040]: (failed).
    Feb 14 09:35:05 serv11mail.better-web.fr systemd[1]: amavis.service: control process exited, code=exited status=1
    Feb 14 09:35:05 serv11mail.better-web.fr systemd[1]: Failed to start LSB: Starts amavisd-new mailfilter.
    Feb 14 09:35:05 serv11mail.better-web.fr systemd[1]: Unit amavis.service entered failed state.
    I tried to reinstall it but I got the same result.

2. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

That probably means you need to authenticate, it doesn't have to do with amavis.

I don't know what that means offhand, but it seems inconsistent that you can receive email - if amavis isn't running, then incoming email will be stuck in the mail queue, it will not deliver to your account. Or maybe postfix is (mis)configured such that amavis isn't even being used?