Amavisd-new configuration with Virtual Users And Domains With Postfix

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by sicnarf, Aug 11, 2007.

1. sicnarf

sicnarf New Member

Hi all,

I have been performing this howto already, and everything has went well until I reach this page:

http://www.howtoforge.com/virtual_postfix_mysql_quota_courier_p3

My concern is about configuring amavisd-new. Using apt-get amavisd-new I think gets the new version of amavisd-new and it now has a different structure in terms of storing configuration files. It doesn't anymore have the amavisd.conf file in /etc, rather it now has different filed in /etc/amavis/conf.d.

Reading through the sample file given in the link below and the structure of the new files, the only thing I could not find is how to set the following line:

@lookup_sql_dsn = ( ['DBI:mysql:database=mail;host=127.0.0.1;port=3306', 'mail_admin', 'mail_admin_password']

This line is supposed to set the database to the mysql database that was setup earlier. Grepping the entire directory, I can't find this line now. Reading through the manual of the new structure, I think it should be placed in 20-debian_defaults but i'm not sure.

I can volunteer to re-write this page(as well as page 2 for the vda patch) if somebody can provide me with the way to configure the new amavisd configuration file. I'm also looking at integrating roundcube with this howto, and if I will be successful, I'll write it up for all of us to scrutinize and improve.

Thanks in advance.

Sicnarf

Addendum:

After searching through the site, I found out that what I followed was the generic version of the howto. I found a howto for virtual user setup using ubuntu 6.10 and debian etch, but surprisingly there is already no mention of how to configure it to use mysql. Is it automatically configured then? I guess this is my real question now. =)

Thanks again.

Sicnarf

Last edited: Aug 11, 2007
  2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

If you have a file /etc/amavis/conf.d/50-user, you should add the line

@lookup_sql_dsn =
    ( ['DBI:mysql:database=mail;host=127.0.0.1;port=3306', 'mail_admin', 'mail_admin_password'] );

there.

3. sicnarf

sicnarf New Member

Thanks Till

Thanks for the info till. Perhaps we should re-write the howto for ubuntu 7.04. I'm setting it up on this. I will give feedback once I get this to work. I'm also integrating roundcube with it now. Will also give feedback if this is successful. Thanks again.

Sicnarf