annoying save command

Discussion in 'General' started by Hellbound, Sep 16, 2005.

1. Hellbound

Hellbound New Member

hi ppl
    is it possible to link the save command where I was before? like apply button in windows, for example I'm creating a new mail for a domain and each time I save it will go to main page and if i'm setting up 10 mail box I have to expand the domains again and bring up the domain and goto second tab and blah blah...

another good thing can be if I'm going to setup server setting it will have to re-authorize password but after authorizing it will redirect to setting and I have to do that again.

Thanks

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Yes, this should be handled in a better way. If you want to save a setting in form without closing the form, click on the same tab again or an other tab of this form, this will save the data and dont close the form.

Are you logged in trough the domain / IP (url) that is in the file /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/lib/config.inc.php ?

3. Hellbound

Hellbound New Member

Thank you very much for your prompt reply.

As a matter of fact that was a good point just how to save it without leaving the form, but if I want to create new email , I must do press save to reach NEW button and I have to go from beginning. so I must SAVE & Close the form but insteady being redirect to main login page, I want to go to the form I was, it is also same for making new dns rules.. or not only pressing SAVE button it should be same for CANCEL to go back to form it was originally came from.

and is it possible to expand all sites and clients at all time insteady of collapsed?

I figured that I must be logged in as the mention url in config file, so its not actually a bug :)

thanks again.

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

I know that it does not help when creating new users, but in other occasions it helps. Maybe my post was not clear enough.

No, but you may post it to feature requests if you like.

5. Hellbound

Hellbound New Member

well,
    I try to make give a very simple example, you open up firefox and you will go to

1. TOOLS
    2. open OPTIONS form
    3. open CONNECTION SETTINGS form

when you finish with CONNECTION SETTINGS form, you press OK or you may cancel what you entered and press CANCEL button, either way you will go back to OPTIONS form and which is the parent form and it is the same procedure with OPTIONS form too it will go back to Firefox main window.

but in ISPCONFIG, it will not go back to previous selected form but it will minimize the firefox and you must again bring up the firefox and goto TOOLS and then again OPTIONS to continue you've been doing.

I hope I could be clear and I'm sorry for my poor english.

Thanks again