[Answered] Restore of a deleted email domain + mails?

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by niemand-glaumy, Feb 23, 2024.

1. Guddeh!

Is there a way to restore a deleted email domain and its mails? Deletion via ISPConfig last night. Several reboots inbetween.
    (I am not expecting to - but it would save me a few hair...)

Cheers!

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

No. If you do not do regular server backups and have a backup to restore it from, then it's gone.

3. I got backups that happen when I update/reconfig ISPC. I guess those won't help?

Code:
    -rwx------ 1 root root 38326153 Jan 10 17:36 certbot.tar.gz
    -rwx------ 1 root root 39955425 Jan 10 17:36 etc.tar.gz
    -rwx------ 1 root root  3334525 Jan 10 17:36 ispconfig_db_backup.sql
    -rwx------ 1 root root 19967785 Jan 10 17:36 ispconfig_software.tar.gz

4. till

They do not contain any emails, just the Config and ISPConfig database. It might be possible to restore the mailbox configs from them but not the emails.

niemand-glaumy likes this.
  5. Alright then, that's what I thought. ISPC could do with a function to move mailaccounts of deleted domains to another (placeholder)domain. For people like me who run into accidents a lot. :D

Cheers for the quick replies!

6. till

Totally forgot that we have such a feature Indeed, but I have not used that. So maybe there is a chance that the mailboxes still exist. You can check under system > server config > mail what you have set there under "Mailbox soft delete" option. I am not sure, though, if this would apply also if you deleted the whole domain and not just a mailbox.

ahrasis and niemand-glaumy like this.
  7. Sadly, it was set to "Delete instantly". :/

Thanks for letting me know, switched it to rename for future mishaps. :D

till likes this.