Any samples of how to add a menu item to the WebSites menu of ISPConfig?

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by webguyz, Dec 17, 2020.

1. webguyz

webguyz Active Member HowtoForge Supporter

Want to add a File Manager and Softaculous menu pick to the WebSites -> Web Access menu.
    Are there any samples of how to add items to the GUI?
    Also have these item picks survive an upgrade and not get overwritten.
    Thanks.

2. Th0m

Th0m ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Take a look at https://git.ispconfig.org/ispconfig/ispconfig3/-/merge_requests/1020/diffs where a menu button is added (with translations). If you have no need for that, you could skip the changes to the .lng files and only edit the module.conf.php, for the client module this would be interface/web/client/lib/module.conf.php.

Your changes will be lost when updating ISPConfig, you could download the newer version, make your changes, and then upgrade from that folder.

webguyz likes this.
  3. florian030

florian030 Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

for update-safes changes, (currently) the only way is to use the tools-menu - this has different structure.

4. webguyz

webguyz Active Member HowtoForge Supporter

Th0m gave me the first clue about module.conf.php. After looking at all the source files in Web Access I was able to copy the FTP access module block and change it to what I needed. Was able to determine how the lists and templates work and I think can make this work. During updates I will probably have to save and later replace this one file as I have unique names for the lists and templates, etc.

Thanks

Th0m likes this.