any way to have lets encrypt add other domains on a site???

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by craig baker, Dec 25, 2022.

1. craig baker

craig baker Member HowtoForge Supporter

I have a customer with two domains. for example xxx.com and xxx.net
    I created dns entries for both and I put up site xxx.com then used serveralias xxx.net and www.xxx.net to have the .net site respond properly.
    but lets encrypt only makes a cert for the xxx.com and www.xxx.com
    any way to get it to recognize the serveralias entries and add them to the cert?
    if not guess I have to create two website entries and do a redirect... but would be a nice addition to add any serveralias entries!
    thanks. and merry xmas to all!

2. Th0m

Th0m ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You can add the secondary domain as alias domain in ISPConfig.

3. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Alias and subdomains that you add in ISPConfig for a website get added to the cert automatically. So as @Th0m mentioned, all you have to do is to add the alias or subdomain in ISPConfig.

4. craig baker

craig baker Member HowtoForge Supporter

ok I'm looking at that - when I add the domain as an alias, do I do a redirect? or is that assumed?
    if so what kind of redirect?

and do I give the redirect path as the /var/www/xxx.com/web? or is that assumed as well?

and is the serveralias directive superfluous? do I need to remove it or is it needed as well?
    to tell httpd?

5. Th0m

Th0m ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You can set up a redirect if you want it to redirect to the main domain, but if you want it to serve the same site under a different domain just set nothing.

The path would be the web url that you want to redirect to.