Apache Configuration with Ubuntu 16.04 and ISPC3.1

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by Spaetzle, Jun 30, 2016.

1. Spaetzle

Spaetzle Member HowtoForge Supporter

Hi
    I am testing with Ubuntu 16.04 and ISP Config 3.1 at the moment. Her some Questions / Problems came up.
    My setup is a multi-server setup (Panel, Web, Mail, NS, DB).
    The first problem I encounterd ist, that the user and group ispapps needed in /etc/apache2/sites-available/apps.vhost where not available. After adding them to the system with
    Code:
    groupadd ispapps
    useradd -g ispapps -d /var/www/apps ispapps
    this problem was solved.
    But as it seems there are some wrong path in this config. the directory "/var/www/apps" does not exist.
    So I changed all occurences of "/var/www/apps" to "var/www/php-fcgi-script/ispconfig".
    After that the apache server started.
    The question is, is this correct?
    Second Problem: After doing a resync with ISPConfig on the Webserver the config file is looking the same as bevore I changed the paths ...

Any help is apreciated
    Bernd

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

No.

To fix your issue, just run an ispconfig update. it seems as if the code to craete the apps vhost does not run on install at the moment, but it runs on update.

3. Spaetzle

Hi

As there are no updates available for stable (with 3.1 running) should I git git-stable a try?

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Yes, you installed git stable (3.1dev) and not stable (3.0.5.4p9), so updates have to be pulled from git-stable as well.

5. Spaetzle

Great. It works now.
    Thanks a lot.