Apache Cpu usage remains too high everytime

Discussion in 'Technical' started by Abdul Waleed bajwa, Jul 23, 2015.

1. Abdul Waleed bajwa

Abdul Waleed bajwa New Member

Hi Dear All,
    I am new to Linux server management. My server is a dedicated linux based server with CentOS 6.2 (Final) plesk version is 11.5.30.
    My server's health report always keeps a red signal from the last two months that apache cpu usage is too high. It usage remains approximately at about 40% to 60%. Server is not performing well . Although i have scanned through malware detection all of my sites on this server nothing found, cpu usage not getting down.

Please have a look at the attached pic that i took after giving "top" command through putty which shows the top processes running on my server. Please please help me in this regard, what is going wrong with my server. What should i do , please someone tell me step by step.

Attached Files:

Tammilup150 likes this.
  2. Abdul Waleed bajwa

There anybody to reply me ?

Tammilup150 likes this.
  3. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The host command is quite unusual, check with:

ps aux

which process ID this command has and then search with:

lsof | grep PROCESSID

(Replace PROCESSID with the ID of this process) what this host process is doing.

Tammilup150 likes this.
  4. Abdul Waleed bajwa

Thanks for the reply.

I just used the command
    ps aux
    and got process ID (32652) from there and issued second command
    lsof | grep 32652

Please find the attached screenshot. This process is taking 149% of cpu usage as shown in command (ps aux).
    /var/www/vhosts/jadoreestore.com/httpdocs/wp-content/plugins/ , plugins folder had 777 permissions now i have changed it to 755 although and deleted unnecessary files there. But cpu usage still not decreased.

Attached Files:

Tammilup150 likes this.
  5. Abdul Waleed bajwa

till you are a great man, please advice me further.

6. Hello,

I will suggest you please scan your server with maldet and removed all infected files from your account. Also secure your wordpres site using some wordpress pugins. And update your word-press core files and plugins to latest stable version so that you will not get any issues on your site.