Apache Directives: Line Breaks in vhost

Discussion in 'General' started by lewis_saint, Jan 27, 2011.

1. lewis_saint

lewis_saint New Member

I have ISP Config 3.0.2 and whenever I insert apache directives for websites, they appear in the vhost with ^M after each line. Is it possible to get rid of this? Does it have any negative effect?

Lewis

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

These are windows linebreaks. Please make sure that you did not copy the lines from within a windows file so that no windows line breaks get copied to the linux server.

3. lewis_saint

lewis_saint New Member

How do I copy/paste the lines into the ISPConfig interface, without the line breaks then?

4. rwheindl

rwheindl Member

Notepad

Try copying into notepad first, then remove any extra whitespace at the end, then copy into ISPConfig. As a web developer I run into issues with extra characters showing up on the web a lot. Notepad usually works to resolve that.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2011
  5. lewis_saint

lewis_saint New Member

I've attempted this numerous times, both using notepad and wordpad. Nothing seems to work. I've tried solely editing through the ISPConfig interface, with Ctrl-Enter or just Enter for newlines, and same thing...

Any other ideas?

6. rwheindl

rwheindl Member

Your browser perhaps?

Did you try a different browser?

7. till

Please update to the current ispconfig version (3.0.3.2) and try again.

8. lewis_saint

lewis_saint New Member

I just checked, and I am already running 3.0.3. Was anything changed from 3.0.3 to 3.0.3.2?
    Lewis

9. till

A lot of bugs were fixed in every minor release. You should always update to the latest release.