Apache problem

Discussion in 'General' started by anushanw, Feb 18, 2009.

1. anushanw

anushanw New Member

So i dis setup ISPConfig 3 on my Debian 5.0 system. think i've got a problem now.
    I have two domains that i bought from godaddy.com. i have created name-servers on godaddy.com and have forwarded them to my server. (these were created weeks back and i know they do get routed to my IP address)
    however, when i enter the URL it not able to load the page(s).. i mean nothing is there (i know by default ISPConfig should show its default page after the web pages are added)
    and also when i directly just enter my IP address on the URL bar it shows "It Works" which i believe should not happen after installing ISPConfig..

any thoughts?

2. bl4ckb1rd

bl4ckb1rd New Member

Check that ur forwarding to correct ip, also check your sites-enabled directory in apache conf directory, to really have config files of your 2 domains created by ispconfig. Check also that your apache was restarted/refreshed after adding these configs. You can do graceful restart, which wont crash apache if you messed up something.

Your installation of ispconfig probably didn't configure apache properly... so it seems. If you did it correctly of course.

3. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

This should happen wehn you enter the IP as long as you did not create a IP based vhost for this IP, so everything is installed correctly.

4. anushanw

anushanw New Member

I checked the ip addresses for the URLs and they are correctly entered to forward. Please let me know how to do the following and what needs to be done there

Thank you... sorry this is my first actual server setup... excuse my lack of knowledge

PS: when i enter the ipaddress:8080 it goes to the ISPConfig administrator panel.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2009
  5. anushanw

anushanw New Member

Just wondering whether I have to do anything with the DNS Area to solve this issue. I mean do i have to do anything with "DNS Zones" and/or "Records" ..?

Also is there some thing like a user manual for ISPConfig 3...? I was taking a look at ISPConfig 2 manual but these two looks a bit different from each other... so if any...?
    Thanks again

6. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

There is no user manual for ispconfig 3 available.

When you ping the domain name from your workstation, do you get the IP address of your server?