Apache restart failure: Failed to get D-Bus connection

Discussion in 'General' started by dasky, Dec 29, 2015.

1. dasky

dasky New Member

Hi,
    My server has been migrated some time ago by the VPS hosting provider. Everything looked okay after the migration apart from getting the following error when trying to modify a website config through ISPConfig admin.
    "Reason for Apache restart failure: Failed to get D-Bus connection: Unknown error -1"
    Not seeing any error apart from this.
    Any idea how to fix this?
    My System is
    - Debian 8
    - Apache 2.4.10
    - Ispconfig 3.0.5.4p1

Thanks!

2. dasky

dasky New Member

hmm.... still having this issue. Updated to the latest version Ispconfig 3.0.5.4p9 today, reconfigured all services but no luck. Still getting the same error, even came across in the update process.

Reconfigure Crontab? (yes,no) [yes]:

Updating Crontab
    Restarting services ...
    Failed to get D-Bus connection: Unknown error -1

3. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Ispconfig is probably detecting that you have systemd, when in fact you're using sysvinit. Eg. on a jessie server which originally had systemd but I switched to sysvinit (required by the openvz 2.6 kernel it's running) I see that error here, though sysvinit is working fine:

Code:
    root@host:~# systemctl status postfix

root@host:~# service postfix status
    [ ok ] postfix is running.

I don't know offhand what ispconfig uses to detect one system or the other (I'm not running ispconfig on the above server), but maybe there are some systemd related packages you could remove/cleanup? Make a backup first before messing too much with your boot process. :)

dasky likes this.
  4. dasky

dasky New Member

Thanks Jesse!
    You were right. It is turned out that I'm using init, so that is why getting the error message.
    I still have one question :) Any idea how do I get this right in ISPConfig? So what do I need change to get ISPConfig to use init when reconfiguring services?
    Any help would be appreciated!