Apache Virtual Hosting and SSH

Discussion in 'Server Operation' started by madcat87, Mar 25, 2006.

1. madcat87

madcat87 New Member

Hello.I have the following setup:

Apache Web server Configured to use ~user dirs.User accounts with homedirs at /home/* and webroot at /home/*/public_html/ for every user(users can access their web content with http://domain.com/~username) ,every user can access his homedir with ssh.The problem here is that every user can read the homedir of the other user and eventually read some private .php files.The other problem is that the .php files in /home/*/public_html/ are executed with the User Apache is running as ,so if a user sets his home dir with 700 permitions the apache process can`t reach the files at /home/*/public_html/. I don`t see a point from chrooted ssh becouse users will still can see foreign user homedirs.

And another question: How can i disable and/or Enable php only for particular users ?

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You must either use php as cgi with suexec or you use suphp.

Code:
    And another question: How can i disable and/or Enable php only for particular users ?
    Disable PHP globally in your apache configuration and enable it in each vhost.

3. madcat87

madcat87 New Member

Thanks a lot :)

4. OmeOme

OmeOme New Member

I want to do the same settings with ISPConfig - what have I do? Thanks in advance.

5. till

In ISPConfig 3, you just create a new website for every user. Every website runs then under its own permissions and a shell user can not access files from another website.

6. OmeOme

OmeOme New Member

OK, I added website domain.com - how can I access it through IP, e.g. 111.111.111.111/path ?

7. till

8. OmeOme

OmeOme New Member

Thank you for the answer!

But why it that so? I used to have hosting with cPanel, and I could access my page through IP, when there was some DNS errors.