Apache2 fails to reload on update of site config from ISPConfig

Discussion in 'General' started by todgerme, Jul 2, 2015.

1. todgerme

todgerme Member

Hi,

This has been an issue for some time with 1 server. When you are in ISPConfig and you hit save, ISPConfig regenerates or creates the configuration needed for the site to work. When it appears to call apache2ctl to reload Apache, apache stops and doesn't start again:

Code:
    [Thu Jul 02 17:35:03 2015] [notice] caught SIGTERM, shutting down
    [Thu Jul 02 17:35:04 2015] [notice] suEXEC mechanism enabled (wrapper: /usr/lib/apache2/suexec)
    [Thu Jul 02 17:35:04 2015] [notice] Digest: generating secret for digest authentication ...
    [Thu Jul 02 17:35:04 2015] [notice] Digest: done
    [Thu Jul 02 17:35:04 2015] [notice] Apache/2.2.22 (Debian) DAV/2 mod_fcgid/2.3.6 mod_ruby/1.2.6 Ruby/1.8.7(2012-02-08) mod_ssl/2.2.22 OpenSSL/1.0.1e configured -- resuming normal operations

The restart of Apache above is only triggered by a script I created to check Apache every minute, and start it back up again if down.

What is bizarre is that I have several ISPConfig servers and this is the only 1 with issues. Also when I start apache up again, there is no issues, it starts without any issues, so ISPConfig is writing out valid configs without any issue.

Does anyone have an idea how I might debug the issue with ISPConfig?

K

2. todgerme

todgerme Member

Just bumping it up, but I stopped the ispconfig.sh from running every minute and the problem cures itself but that means it has to be manually when I need a change pushed through which isn't ideal.

3. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

ISPConfig uses the system init script to reload apache (or the system / service command when the distribution uses systemd or upstart), the apache2ctl is not used. I'am sorry but I cant tell you why the system commands fail on your server to restart and reload apache when invoked by a script, I never had such a case yet.

4. lnxgs

lnxgs Member

Hi,
    maybe it does not restart because it has no resource free to be used.
    Do you check if you have enough free RAM and disk space too?

Regards,
    L.