Apache2 service stopped after change PHP version

Discussion in 'General' started by Tomas Benda, Feb 16, 2016.

1. Tomas Benda

Tomas Benda New Member

Hi,
    I have on my VPS (last stable Debian) installed actual version of ISPConfig 3, which is very nice and helpfull tool. Thank you for it :)

But why I am writing this topic. I have there few PHP versions, which I was added under this tutorial. Now I have there PHP 5.3, 5.6 and 7.0.2. But everytime, if I switch PHP version for some webpage in ISPConfig, it stopped Apache2 service and must be manually started in SSH. If I want to start Apache2 service, there must be added passphrase for SSL/TLS (because I have self signed certificate for ISPConfig webapge only) and after that Apache start and work fine. Is this typical behavior or I have something wrong? Screen with detail of Apache service after change PHP version is attached. [​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The ssl cert may not be password protected. Apache can not restart automatically then.

Create a new ssl cert (does not matter if self signed or not) and do not choose to password protect it with a password.

3. ztk.me

ztk.me ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

Yes it is expected behaviour, apaches vhost changes and therefore ISPConfig reloads/restarts the server.
    You can however add the following config to your apache2.conf

SSLPassPhraseDialog exec:/path/to/passphrase-file​

Create a file according to the given path which outputs the passphrase
    Code:
    #!/sbin/sh
    echo "passphrase"

Just make sure no evil process/user can access it :)

Last edited: Feb 29, 2016
  4. Tomas Benda

Tomas Benda New Member

Thank you, guys both. I was regenerate ssl cert without passphrase and working fine.