Apache2-SSL-PHP5-Howto (+ Zend Optimizer And IonCube Loader)

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by kevin, Jun 5, 2005.

1. kevin

kevin New Member

I've a little problem with the Apache2-SSL-PHP5-Howto (+ Zend Optimizer And IonCube Loader) (http://www.howtoforge.com/linux_apache2_ssl_php5_zendoptimizer_ioncubeloader). I'm trying to configure PHP to use the Zend Optimizer and the IonCube Loader, but they aren't shown on my phpinfo(); page. :confused: This is what's in my php.ini:

Code:
    [PHP]
    zend_extension=/usr/local/lib/Zend/ZendOptimizer.so
    zend_optimizer.optimization_level=15
    zend_extension=/usr/local/lib/ioncube/ioncube_loader_lin_5.0.so
    Kevin

2. preetam

preetam New Member

I think you've mixed up the order of the lines in your php.ini. In Falko's tutorial it says

Code:
    [PHP]
    zend_extension=/usr/local/lib/ioncube/ioncube_loader_lin_5.0.so
    zend_extension=/usr/local/lib/Zend/ZendOptimizer.so
    zend_optimizer.optimization_level=15
    so IonCube gets loaded before the ZendOptimizer. This might be important, so try this.

Preetam

3. kevin

kevin New Member

You're right. It's working now! :)

4. karlson

karlson New Member

i have another problem. IonCube is working fine, but when i add two lines to get Zend working apache2 woudn't start ... the log told me that ...

Failed Loading /usr/local/lib/Zend/ZendOptimizer.so: /usr/local/lib/Zend/ZendOptimizer.so: undefined symbol: core_globals_id

any sugestions?

5. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

Do you have the lines for IonCube and ZendOptimizer in order (IonCube before Zend) in your php.ini?
    Did you install the right ZendOptimizer version (for Linux, for your processor architecture (e.g. i386), and for your PHP version)?

6. rogierbanis

rogierbanis New Member

vhosts

What is the best and easiest way to create vhosts in this setup?

Is it also possible to use a mysql backend for the vhosts setup?

Thanks in advance for reply-ing.

Kind regards,

Rogier.

7. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

The easiest way would be to use a control panel such as ISPConfig, cPanle, Plesk, ...
    If you don't like this, have a look at the end of your main Apache configuration file. There should be examples on how to set up a vhost.

Unfortunately, Apache doesn't support this. :( I myself would love to see this feature...

8. rogierbanis

rogierbanis New Member

That's true only the disadvantage of a control panel, we work several years already with cpanel, is that it also inmediately configures dns/mail etc.
    This is not what i want.

We have several bladeservers for several services. They are all controlled by an MySQL backend. We have written our own frontend for use administration etc.
    Best way would be that the apache server could also interact with this backend for the vhosts. Unfortunately this is, like you also state, impossible.

So now best thing for us to do is setup the webserver and manually add the vhosts.

Thanks for your reaction.

Rogier

Just found this: http://ckdake.com/projects/hosting/tools/
    At least it's a start ;)

Last edited: Jan 23, 2006
  9. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Yes, but thats the same way like the controlpanels ISPConfig, plesk, Confixx, etc are doing it ;)