APS install error - mysql_connect(): Access denied for user

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by frederikbay, Jun 13, 2015.

1. frederikbay

frederikbay New Member

APS installer has an error when trying to install aps

When I try to debug - I get the error
    PHP Warning: mysql_connect(): Access denied for user 'c3aps2'@'web01.xxx.yy'
    The problem is that this is a multiserver setup and the server that mysql should connect to is @db01.xxx.yy
    An I can't seem to find where to correct the problem

any suggestions?
    - Frederik

2. Croydon

Croydon ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

Have you checked that the client has the correct default database server set in his limits?

3. frederikbay

frederikbay New Member

Thanks for your reply :)
    Have just checked the limits and they correctly point to the db01 server

4. Croydon

Is it the only possible selection in that field? If yes, it might be, that the wrong server is set, but it is not shown there. To be sure, I'd recommend, that you re-save the client limits and then try using the aps again.

5. frederikbay

frederikbay New Member

It is the only selection possible in that field. Have re-saved the client limits and tried to install again - but still same error

6. Croydon

Okay. Maybe the APS installer only works correctly when web and db are on the same Server. We'll have to check that. Could you please file a bug report? Thank you.

7. frederikbay

frederikbay New Member

It has been working fine before.
    Have looked in the db on the db server - and the new database for the aps is created, but the user is missing - somehow the user is not created in the database?

8. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Did you change the mysql root user? Please check that the apssword for the mysql root user is correct in /usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib/mysql_clientdb.conf on all servers.

9. frederikbay

frederikbay New Member

Well now I have, everything was working fine, until a few months ago - where I suddenly could not install aps
    Now I have tried to change mysql password, ispconfig password (i know bad ideer, have corrected that one again)
    checked /usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib/mysql_clientdb.conf on all servers and they are correct

the funny thing is that the aps databases are created on the db server, but the users are not???

10. florian030

florian030 Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

And sql-user has the permissions to create new users on the remote db-server?

11. frederikbay

frederikbay New Member

Well that probably depends on which user the aps install script uses to create the user -
    i don't have a user named sql-user but all the root users have all premissions