Aps-Installer, on Server

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by Quaxth, Oct 15, 2013.

1. Quaxth

Quaxth Member

I got the Aps to work now.

As mentioned by Till, there's also an Aps Installer in ISPConfig. That Aps installer isn't working or the Repository is totally empty.

What's about: if I create my own Repository on Server, how I could point the Aps Installer to that and what are the requirements the Install Script must meet?

While installing an own Aps, I had to manage to change the Permissions for 2 folder to include Write access for to get the Aps working correctly. That were not a big deal for me but what's about novice user's who didn't have the knowledge for to do that? Could such step be automated in the Aps Installer?

There very little infos available about that ISPConfig Aps Installer!

Thanks for more infos and advice.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The installer is working and the repository is not empty, you just have to load the package list first.

Login to ispconfig, go to the "sites" module and click on "update package list" in the AP installer menu.

you can not create yor own repository as the packages are loaded from www.apsstandard.org and there are plenty of packages available there. If you like to publish your own applications on apsstandard.org, then you can find the information on the package requirements and requirements for inclusion of packages there.

Please do not mix up the aps installer with the ispconfig extension insaller.

There are no permission changes required when you use the correct php mode for the site (php-fcgi + suexec enabled, which is the default btw.) and then upload the website contents with the ftp account of that site that you created in ispconfig. Do not upload content as root user.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2013
  3. Quaxth

Quaxth Member

done that many times till this morning and NOTHING were shown up! Last time I was try was before 12:00 (GMT +7h) and nothing. Finally I wrote that Post!

Why I could not create my own Repository? I didn't told that I would use 3rd party Aps! For my own, I do believe that's up to me I do or don't. Isn't it?

Done the upload using the FTP of the related Domain, NOT the Master Domain! Still the 2 folders were need to get the Write Access enabled. done that and I was able to start the Aps with no problems!

by the way, just checked again for the Aps installer, now the Aps showing up which wasn't happen till 12:00H today.

Thanks.

4. Quaxth

Quaxth Member

What's about to use the Aps & Addons in Systems for to use my own Aps for my Server? The use of it should be possible. Or am I wrong?

Thanks.

5. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Sure, you can do that. But you will have to change the sourcecode of the aps installer interface and server components for that and build your own website that is a exact cpy of the apsstandard website.

There you can create your own repository. This installer is for ispconfig plugins ony, so if the applications that you develop are plugins for the ispconfig interface and run on port 8080 inside the ispconfig login, then you can install it with the extension installer.

If you used the php mode that I pointed out and use the ftp user f the website, then you always have write access as the user that runs the scripts is the same user that uploaded the files by ftp. So you either used the wrong php mode or you did not enable suexec or you did not use the ftp user of the website.

6. Quaxth

Quaxth Member

Thanks .

At the moment, I like to have my Aps working on ISPConfig. That are simple PHP Aps with MySQL Databases. Mainly they work on any system and would not be limited to ISPConfig only.

Just only thinking to also build some stuff for to sell over the Internet and than an own repository, if needed with Aps Installer, would be in order.

To many things in the same time and I've a lot work to do as well!!

Thanks a lot Till for all your help.