APS Plugin Issue

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by RaduR, Feb 20, 2020.

1. RaduR

RaduR New Member

I just installed Debian 8 (maybe a mistake should go with 9) wit ISP Config.
    Everything ok BUT i'm having a lot of trouble with APS Installer.

For whatever reason after selecting package to install it goes to installed package screen with noting happening.

I tried to clean table in database and redo update list. The list of packages gets updated but folder .../ispconfig/server/aps_installer si still empty . Actually it has a file empty.dir in it. Checked directory permission , everything but without success.

So i checked the forums and seen that this is a common issue. no solution whatsoever.

Can anybody help ? What am I doing wrong ?
    Even an answer that it is broken would be good. At least not to look for a sloution.

Should I try Ubuntu ? Or Debian 10 ?

Tks in advance

2. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

You should install Debian 10, the version 8 is no longer supported (by Debian, ISPConfig works fine on Debian 8).

3. RaduR

RaduR New Member

True. Only reason why I did that is because i need own DNS feature , that for sure can be configured unde Debian 10 , just that automatic script didn't do it . I will switch to Debian 10 .

But how about APS installer issue ? I have seen all over the place same issue, no answer.

I can switch to Softaculous but since it was embedded into the interface it was easier this way . Softaculous is nice but not for free. I was hoping I could avoid that .

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

I have no issues with the APS installer, works fine here.

These were all installation specific problems and no issues in ISPConfig itself. Such things happen when components on your server are missong or outdated. You can use the debug mode to find out what's wrong with your setup and try to fix that.

5. RaduR

RaduR New Member

Ths, that's all I need to know !
    I will dig into it .