Are spamfilter policies applied to sending emails?

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by SupuS, Jun 17, 2013.

1. SupuS

SupuS Member HowtoForge Supporter

Hello,

today our client sent 5000 mails and mailqueue was full about 4 hours. It leads to delay in delivering and receiving mails for every other clients. It seems the most slow part of sending process is amavis.

Is possible to avoid use of amavis when I set spamfilter policy (for example non-paying) with Bypass virus checks set to "Yes"?

Are spamfilter policy applied to sending emails too?

Is there some other settings which can speed up sending of emails when I want keep spamfilter active?

Thanks.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Policys are applied to the recipient domains or email addresses which are defined in the Spamfilter > user / domain list. The irection of the mail does not matter for amavis. The problem that you get now is that you would have to add the recipient domains in this list for outgoing emails if you want to apply a policy on them which is not a really usable solution.

I guess the following options might work better:

- Do the settings to disable some amavis functions in the global amavis configuration file so they get applied to all emails except the ones you set policys for in ispconfig. So spam filtering will work as usual for the domains and addresses you configured in ispconfig but will be disabled for all non configured domains, so this will get applied to outgoing emails.

- As alternative you can configure an additional port in postfix which skips spam filtering with amavis. If you configure your newsletter software to use thsi port then, emails will not go trough amavisd. If I remember correctly, there are some instructions for such setups in the amavisd-new readme files on their homepage.

3. SupuS

SupuS Member HowtoForge Supporter

Hello Till,

this solution is probably what I need:

but I am not too familiar with amavis settings .. can you specify settings to disable amavis functions please? Do you mean something like you described here?

Thank you

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Yes, this should disable the antivirus checks in amavis for all domains were no policy exists for. Additionally you might want to add this line:

@bypass_spam_checks_maps = (1);

right below the @bypass_virus_checks_maps line.