atmail in place of Squirrelmail

Discussion in 'General' started by sellotape, Dec 2, 2010.

1. sellotape

sellotape New Member

Hi there.

I was wondering whether it would be possible to install the free version of atmail with ISPConfig in place of squirrelmail so that when a user goes to example.com/webmail it goes straight to atmai instead of squirrelmail.

If so, are there a guide/walkthrough with steps on how this could be acheived?

Thanks

Ash

2. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

Should be possible. The easiest way is probably to create a folder called webmail in the ISPConfig document root (/usr/local/ispconfig/interface/web/) and install Atmail there.

3. germinator

germinator New Member

I would recommend installing atmail in /usr/share/atmail then change the squirrelmail directory to squirrelmail.backup or whatever you want. Then change the directory of atmail to squirrelmail and the symlink would not have to be changed. If you want all the domains to automatically have the subdirectory /webmail just add this line to your /etc/apache2/apache2.conf and change the path to your correct atmail path!

Code:
    ###
    Alias /webmail /usr/share/*directory to atmail*
    ###

then restart apache and all domains automatically have the subdirectory /webmail ! Be aware that this does not automatically create the directory, its more like a symlink to all the domains .. they will all use the same files located in /usr/share/*directory to atmail* !

Depending on which path you chose to use you might have to change permissions to allow the access to the files.

Have Fun, hope this helps

Germinator

Last edited: Dec 4, 2010
  4. sellotape

sellotape New Member

Hi there.

Thank you for your replies.
    I managed to get it all up and running this morning!

Shall I submit a tutorial to Howtoforge with steps on how I managed to do it?

Thanks

Ash

5. germinator

germinator New Member

if you think it could be helpful to others .. sure

6. sellotape

sellotape New Member

Hi there.

I've written a tutorial with how I managed to get it working with my setup.

http://howtoforge.com/node/5750

I hope others find it useful!

Thanks

7. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

Thanks a lot - I'll publish it soon. :)

8. sellotape

sellotape New Member

Brilliant, thanks Falko.

I hope others find it useful :D