Attendize app : apache settings / isp config (last)

Discussion in 'Programming/Scripts' started by Keoz, Jan 31, 2020.

1. Keoz

Keoz Member

Hello,

So as to install Attendize on remote server running Ubuntu 18.04LTS....
    Tutorial :
    https://webtips4u.com/guides/linux/...-platform-on-ubuntu-18-04-16-04-with-apache2/

Instead of moving I the “attendize“ directory to var/www/ location, as said in the installation tutorial (link here below), I did move it from my server to my PC desktop (FTP), and afterward from my PC desktop to var/www/clients/client1/web7/web/ location.

May I firstly get confirmation that this is the right way to do when using ISP Config3 panel ?
    Secondly, could it be
    conflicting with ISP Config3 to pursue with the tutorial next steps (6 and 7) that is to create to a new configuration file called “attendize.conf“ from terminal SSH command line ?

*** STEP 6 *******
    sudo nano /etc/apache2/sites-available/attendize.conf

<VirtualHost *:80>
    ServerAdmin [email protected]
    DocumentRoot /var/www/attendize
    ServerName example.com
    <Directory /var/www/attendize/>
    Options FollowSymlinks
    AllowOverride All
    Require all granted
    </Directory>
    ErrorLog ${APACHE_LOG_DIR}/error.log
    CustomLog ${APACHE_LOG_DIR}/access.log combined
    </VirtualHost>

*** STEP 7 *******
    sudo a2ensite attendize.conf
    sudo a2enmod rewrite
    sudo systemctl restart apache2.service

Is there a more convenient way to proceed when using ISP Config3 panel ?

Regards,

2. Steini86

Steini86 Active Member

yes
    Yes, you should not do that. In fact, you should not follow any point of that guide.
    Instead:
    1) Create a web in ispc(onfig)
    2) Create a database user and database in ispc
    3) Upload the files to your website (if you are familiar with the linux command line interface, you should use the "git clone" command from the official guide: https://www.attendize.com/getting_started.html) I would suggest to do that in folder /var/www/clients/client1/web7/ and then do a symlink from /web to the "public" folder of the webpage. Make sure, the permissions are right (should be web7:client1 for all new files (not like in the guide "www-data"), Change them with "chown -R web7:client1 folder/filename "
    4) In the folder do "sudo -u web7 php composer.phar install" and "sudo -u web7 php artisan key:generate"
    5) Go to your webpage: www.website.com/install and follow the instructions

3. Keoz

Keoz Member

Thank U so much for such detailed reply and explanations !