Auto DNS Setup

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by jamesl22, Nov 1, 2011.

1. jamesl22

jamesl22 New Member

It would be nice to see a system whereby when a user creates a new site, alias domain or sub-domain etc, ISPConfig automatically creates DNS zones for them. This way, hosting users with little experience can just point their domains to the hosts nameservers.

2. nayr

nayr New Member

id like to see a new site wizard that setups dns/mysql/ftp/mail in one quick process.. perhaps that could be hooked into easily to install web-software..

3. mmidgett

mmidgett Member

I too would like to see this feature.

Client logs in and go's to add a new site. From this tab you can setup everything all at one time.

4. jamesl22

jamesl22 New Member

5. nveid

nveid New Member

This is already planned.. Its planned to implement into the Dashboard module when we get around to it.. I was going to do it, though had some more pertinent things to do first.

Here's the existing feature in the tracker.

6. Chris_UK

Chris_UK Active Member HowtoForge Supporter

I see that this is a very old post, was there any movement on this? I ask because it does not seem to be working for sub-domains, i think (i cant quite recall) that dns was done on site creation.

But for subdomains this isnt the case, they definitely do not make any zone records automatically.

What i would like to see is a would you like to add a dns record for this sub-domain with forms, one for A one for CNAME then the decision is made and nothing can be forgotten.

You could pull the dns record (if it exists) and let the user update as needed or using the same form allow the user to enter A or CNAME record as needed.

7. PeterSy

PeterSy New Member

I don't think this was ever implemented but I could be wrong. I would love something like that personally.