Auto-name databases

Discussion in 'Developers' Forum' started by justdevzero, Mar 3, 2015.

1. justdevzero

justdevzero New Member

I need that my users can't name the databases by their selves, these names are designated by the same system.

I see that this option is not enabled in ispconfig and it would be really useful.

Although I see where I could "enable" a field to determine which users are limited in this way and who not, I am not able to see "where the database is created" in order to apply this limitation.

I tried to exhaust the possibilities before making "grep -ri CREATE" in the code, but I have not been able to find it what I really want.

Could anyone give me a hint?

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

ISPConfig consists of 2 independant software parts, the server and the interface. In the interface you wont find any code to create the database as all server side actions are done by plugins of the server part. so You will have to decide if you wnat to modify the interface so that the user cant fill in a custom database name or if you want to modify the server part so that it simply ignores the input from the interface. But modifying the server part makes not much sense as the user would never know the name of its database then. The code to craete the database in the interface is in /usr/local/ispconfig/interface/web/sites/database_edit.php