auto_ptr_create settings - Available?

Discussion in 'General' started by markhawke7, Sep 13, 2011.

1. markhawke7

markhawke7 New Member

I am a LONG time user of the original mydns and mydnsconfig. Took the time and got the latest mydns and mydnsconfig loaded on Debian Squeeze 32bit yesterday. It looks good and I like all of the good work that's been done. However, I have found that the automatic creation of the reverse dns look up records isn't working with the latest mydnsconfig. I was encouraged though when I found:
    http://www.mydnsconfig.org/INSTALL.txt
    where it describes adding:
    $conf["auto_create_ptr"]
    $conf["default_ns"]
    $conf["default_mbox"]
    to the interface's config.inc.php file. However, I note that it's talking about version 1.0.0 in that document. And while it doesn't give me errors when I add those items, it also doesn't seem to be working.

So can anyone verify that this automatic creation of the reverse PTR records is no longer a feature of MyDNSConfig. And if so, is it planned to ever add that capability back again. I personally found that one of the most convenient functions of using MyDNSConfig. So I hope it will be added back. I really would have to give serious thought to moving from my original MyDNS/MyDNSConfig install without that capability.

Thanks in advance!

-Mark

2. markhawke7

markhawke7 New Member

This is just a bump of this thread. Can anyone answer the question of the auto ptr record functionality will be restored to MyDNSConfig?

3. markhawke7

markhawke7 New Member

Just another bump? I'm more than willing to make code changes and recompile if necessary. Any info would be GREATLY appreciated.

-Mark