Autoclick on Laptop

Discussion in 'Desktop Operation' started by jnsc, Feb 11, 2012.

1. jnsc

jnsc rotaredoM Moderator

Hi,

I have a weired problem on my laptop. "Something" activates a mouse click, even if I don't touch the computer. The click seems to originate mainly from the trackpad, because when I disable it (using xinput set-prop 13 "Device Enabled" 0), the situation gets better. But to fully solve the problem, I have to also disable the touchpad.

As this happens even if I don't touch the computer, I have to exclude that this is caused by some human action. So does someone know what could generate this "clicks"? Or is there a way I could troubleshoot this problem.

I'm running Debian wheezy with kde.

I'll be thanks for any kind of help/tip.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2012
  2. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

Did you accidentally touch the touchpad?

3. jnsc

jnsc rotaredoM Moderator

Hi falko,

No, this happens even if the laptop is on the table and my hands are far away.

I know, it's really strange, and I never saw something like this before. I even was thinking about reinstalling windows on the pc to see if it's a hardware problem.

Thanks for your reply
    Jonas

4. falko

Really strange. Did you check if there's any malware installed on the system?

5. jnsc

jnsc rotaredoM Moderator

I don't think it's a malware, because disabling touchpad and trackpad (and using external mouse) works well. The second argument against malware, is that when I first saw this issue, I whipped the entire disk, re-downloaded a newer debian CD, and reinstalled from scratch. So the chances for a malware are very low.

I was thinking about something like the sensitivity of the trackpad who was thinking, even if no one touches it, that I'm clicking. But again, is it even possible to generate a click with the trackpad? In the past I played with some synaptics options for touchpad's, but does this also exist for trackpad?

Thanks again falko
    Regards
    Jonas

6. falko

Maybe electric interferences from other devices close to your laptop?

7. jnsc

jnsc rotaredoM Moderator

It does not look like, but I'll try to investigate further.

Thanks for your help.
    Jonas