Automate user signup.

Discussion in 'Tips/Tricks/Mods' started by Tommahawk, Aug 15, 2007.

1. Tommahawk

Tommahawk New Member

WARNING: This script is Alpha. Use at your own risk. Not liable for any damage. You have been warned.

This script will automate user signup from a webpage while you sleep. Create a new file e.g auto_signup.php and slap this code into it.

Aims:
    1) Add A New Customer (user logs into new accoount straight after successful signup)
    2) Adds A New Website (site become active under new users account immediately)
    3) User can choose between FQDN (www.newdomain.com) or subdomain (newsite.host.com) not done yet
    IPN Paypal integration returns payment verification before creating new account. not done yet

Here is the code....ALL Comments bugs fails welcome

The code is too long I cannot post it here due to limitation you must download from http://www.5s7.com/scripts.php if you want it.

2. alexnz

alexnz New Member

awesome!!!

i look forward to paypal integration!!

ill help develop this a little further with other things if you would like

3. Tommahawk

Tommahawk New Member

Aug 17 2007 Update

3) User can now choose between FQDN (www.newdomain.com) or subdomain (newsite.host.com) complete

4) User is also added at singup time allowing for ftp upload site access

Sure. If you make any updates post a download link or the change.

4. mlz

mlz Member

Not sure why, but I get a hostname failure on that site, looks like the DNS is timing out.

5. 3cwired_com

3cwired_com New Member

I think I am getting the same thing too :(

6. 3cwired_com

3cwired_com New Member

If someone could email it to me, I would be more than happy to host that script until the other link is resolved. i n f o [a t] 3 c w i r e d [ d o t ] c o m.

7. mlz

mlz Member

I only hope that isn't Tommahawk's production server that's down, that would truly suck! :(

8. Tommahawk

Tommahawk New Member

As I was working on the subdomains, tip: don't name your subdomain zones (named.conf) the same as your host server it causes DNS restart to fail due to duplicate zone name exists. Hopefully an ISPConfig update will check the zone name for dups before adding it.

9. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

ISPConfig does not create duplicates if you enter something in the interface and you should not edit named.conf manually. If you edit the file anyway, you have to take care of this as ISPConfig does not parse the config file to check if you modifed something and we will most likely not implement config file parsing in future.

10. Tommahawk

Tommahawk New Member

What you basically saying is that I can DOS any server running ISPConfig if they have created manual entries

11. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

This has nothing to do with a DOS. Just do not create manual entries, that is a prerequisite if yo want to use ISPConfig.

ISPConfig is no config file editor, it is a controlpanel that that must have 100% control over the config file of the services it configures.

12. Gimly

Gimly Member

Hi,

I'm interesting by your script but the link in your post #1 are down. Where can I download it, please ?

Thank's :)

13. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

The link's working for me. Please try again.

14. Gimly

Gimly Member

Yes, exactely now it work :)

15. mlz

mlz Member

In a project I'm working on, it uses a config parser to try to assimulate what a user has changed. It has thus far been such a pain in the rear as to drive me to moving all config to a database, where things can be done more logically. I agree that you either need to give ISPConfig control of the file, or you may was well edit everything manually, as there are better features to focus on then dealing with the complex task of trying to parse bind configs.

This is one of the reasons I'm considering hacking ISPConfig to use MyDNS rather then bind. Overall it is faster, and the only thing that needs recursive lookups is localhost, so it's a good fit. It's far easier to DOS a recursive server then a non-recursive server, IMHO.

16. zapperen

zapperen New Member

Very nice :D Thank you!

17. mlz

mlz Member

Tommahawk, any luck on the IPN portion of the script yet?

18. alexnz

alexnz New Member

any update on this?

i checked out the script today, its totally broken, and lots of code missing everywhere + missing header and footer files...

would anyone like to hack this script up and release a working version?

19. krakoukas

krakoukas New Member

autosignup testing

I am very interested by this kind of script but when I use remoting (from your code or from example), client is created but not web?
    I don't understand why... Is there a special procedure to create client and web?

20. mlz

mlz Member

My guess is that Tommahawk hasn't had time to work on it. If I get some time next week to work on it, I'll see what I can come up with.