Automatic backup from the ispconfig and website settings

Discussion in 'General' started by mike.smith, May 17, 2023.

1. mike.smith

mike.smith New Member

Is it possible to make an automatic backup plan for the ispconfig and website settings (.vhost files) in the web panel?

2. pyte

pyte Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

Do you just want to backup the settings themself or the whole webspaces?
    If you want to backup all websites/settings/vhosts, you can just create a dump of the ispconfig database as a backup. It contains all the information about websites/settings/etc.

3. mike.smith

mike.smith New Member

I want to backup all website settings, so I have to backup ispconfig database.
    Is it possible to backup the ispconfig database automatically?

4. nhybgtvfr

nhybgtvfr Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

use automysqlbackup

ahrasis and pyte like this.
  5. mike.smith

mike.smith New Member

I thought ispconfig has a built-in option for this, which it doesn't seem to. So I create a shell script and cronjob to get automatic backup from ispconfig database

6. pyte

pyte Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

You can just install automysqlbackup as already suggested by @nhybgtvfr. It handels the backup automatic for you, and creates a daily backup of the database at /var/lib/automysqlbackup

mike.smith and ahrasis like this.
  7. ahrasis

ahrasis Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

It would be nice if this is added into ISPConfig features as it would really be useful. Also into ISPConfig Auto Installer to help install this during ISPConfig setup, while this as a feature is being considered / integrated into ISPConfig.

mike.smith likes this.
  8. mike.smith

mike.smith New Member

Thank you @nhybgtvfr and @pyte. I used automysqlbackup, but as @ahrasis said, it's better if this feature is added to web panel in the next versions.

Last edited: May 22, 2023
  9. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

Adding automysqlbackup to ISPConfig does not take much effort. Just install it, it starts working.
    It is just that admin should know the server has automysqlbackup, so it is just using disk space for no use. Maybe recommend in the install instructions admin could install automysqlbackup and learn how it works?