Automatic email forwarding no longer works after upgrading to ISPC 3.2.2

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by gscaglia, Feb 2, 2021.

1. gscaglia

gscaglia Member HowtoForge Supporter

Hi,
    to solve the problem of the limited number of characters in the Send copy to field in the ISPConfig mailbox management, I updated to version 3.2.2 as suggested to me.

After the upgrade (to ISPConfig 3.2.2 on Debian 10), which was successful without problems, the automatic forwards configured before the upgrade work fine, while any automatic forwarding configured after the upgrade, using the Send copy to field, does not it works.

In the mailbox folder, the .sieve symlink pointing to sieve/ispconfig.sieve is no longer created after the update and the sieve instructions, for automatic email forwarding, are only written in the .ispconfig-before.sieve file under this form:
    # Send a copy of email to
    redirect: copy "[email protected]";
    but this has no effect.

I also point out that the .ispconfig.sieve file in the mailbox folder is not integrated with the automatic forwarding sieve instructions (even if the date of the last modification changes every time I update the automatic forwarding data in ISPConfig).

How can I solve the problem?

Thanks

2. Th0m

Th0m ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Can you share possible related lines from your mail.log? Did you reconfigure services when updating?

gscaglia and Jesse Norell like this.
  3. gscaglia

I haven't reconfigured the services during the update, how can I do it now?

4. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

Run update now and choose to recoonfigure services when updater asks.
    Code:
    ispconfig_update.sh --force

gscaglia and Jesse Norell like this.
  5. gscaglia

I point out, for those who have encountered the same problem, which can also be solved by inserting these three lines of code in the file /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf inside the first block plugin {} (there are two):
    Code:
      sieve_before=/var/vmail/%d/%n/.ispconfig-before.sieve
      sieve_after=/var/vmail/%d/%n/.ispconfig.sieve
    leaving unchanged the old instruction sieve=/var/vmail/%d/%n/.sieve which will continue to work for the mailboxes opened before the update to ISPConfig 3.2

Of course, with the reconfiguration of the services during the ISPConfig update, or later as indicated by Taleman, the change occurs automatically, however I think I'm not the only one who has a redundant configuration between the email servers with doveadm-sync and the update replaces mercilessly the dovecot.conf file creating some problems in production.

6. Th0m

Th0m ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

I will be working on https://git.ispconfig.org/ispconfig/ispconfig3/-/issues/5988 to fix that - so you can use a separate file for custom settings.

gscaglia likes this.
  7. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell Well-Known Member Staff Member Howtoforge Staff

Yes, you always need to check, and often need to update your custom templates when updating ispconfig.

It would seem if your dovecot.conf is kept in sync automatically, then both servers would be correct when you update one end or the other, so possibly you had only updated/reconfigured one of your mail servers? That would lead to it's own set of issues. But doveadm-sync syncing the dovecot.conf file doesn't sound right/normal anyways.