Automatically install and configure Monit on your Debian 10/11 and Ubuntu 20.04 server

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by felan, Jan 9, 2023.

1. felan

felan Member HowtoForge Supporter

Good morning :)
    Just followed Th0m's guide to automatically install and configure Monit and it works perfectly - well works as stand-alone, but when I enter the credentials in ISPConfig, I just get an empty page. Munin works perfectly. Any ideas on what might be wrong?

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Your browser's security policies probably block access to the page.

3. felan

Hi Til and g'morning :)
    I've tried on both safari and firefox (mac) and firefox (windows) but both just shows a blank square where the content should've been. Munin shows up just fine in it's integration...

4. pyte

pyte Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

You might what to consider checking the error.log then

5. felan

Nothing in the log, @pyte

6. till

We had that topic in the past, and it was caused by the browser's security policies that disallow showing external content with its own port in an iframe, and I'm pretty sure this has not changed. There is no workaround for that, browser manufacturers decided a few years ago to strengthen policies on what can be shown in an iframe. Munin works differently as it's not a separate daemon running on its own port. So when you can access it by entering the URL directly in the browser but not being able to access it while using the same URL as the setting in ISPConfig, then it has been blocked by the browser's security system. You might find info on that in the browser's debug log using developer mode.

7. till

Btw, one workaround might be possible by setting up a proxy within ispconfig vhost so the browser does not recognize that the content is from a different service, but I have not tried such a setup yet.

8. felan

@till Oki sounds plausible, no worries :) I can live with it not showing up. Just another link to check now and then :D THanks :)