Automatically Resolve All Domains

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by reason8, Aug 27, 2022.

1. reason8

reason8 Member

Hello and good day.

I have a basic question.

I've ran ISPConfig before and an coming back around to using it.

However, I am also looking to setup a VPS server, running Ubuntu 16.04, which will serve an application that allows users to create domains on the server via the Saas application.

The developer has told me not to install cPanel or Plesk because Control Panel Managers take away the ability to automatically resolve all domains and restrict who can use the hosting.

He has told me that ISPConfig does retain control on the domains as well but I can change the code to resolve all domains.

My question is, does ISPConfig restrict the ability to resolve all domains?

I am looking to install this on a VPS/Dedicated server, and will need to do a small modification to the default apache conf file usually located in /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/ and named 000-default.conf.

I will then need to replace the path /var/www/html/ in DocumentRoot and Directory to the path where Saas app is installed and restart Apache.

Any insight you have would be great thank you!

2. ahrasis

ahrasis Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

Ubuntu 16.04 is quite old. You may have better luck with Ubuntu 20.04.

I do not really understand your first question though but changing the path is workable in ISPConfig, I think.

3. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

It is not clear to me what that means. Maybe you could ask the developer what it is he needs so we could know what he or she wants with resolving all domains.
    If I guess, resolving domains is about name service. On ISPConfig host it can be configured which name server it uses to resolve domains, so control can be achieved. But I believe this does not affect who can use the hosting, so the developers requirement is confusing.