Autoresponder deoes not work

Discussion in 'General' started by Keagan, Dec 29, 2020.

1. Keagan

Keagan Member

I created out of office autoresponder and sadly it does not work even if sieve filter exists. I will note get email from autoresponder. Yes it is enabled in ISPConfig also.

Here are datas from debug after creating filter

Code:
    29.12.2020-15:05 - DEBUG - Calling function 'update' from plugin 'maildeliver_plugin' raised by event 'mail_user_update'.
    29.12.2020-15:05 - DEBUG - Mailfilter config has been changed
    29.12.2020-15:05 - DEBUG - Found 1 addresses.
    29.12.2020-15:05 - DEBUG - Found 1 addresses at all.
    29.12.2020-15:05 - DEBUG - Found 1 unique addresses at all.
    29.12.2020-15:05 - DEBUG - safe_exec cmd: sievec '/var/vmail/domain.tld/mailbox/.ispconfig-before.sieve' - return code: 0
    29.12.2020-15:05 - DEBUG - Found 1 addresses.
    29.12.2020-15:05 - DEBUG - Found 1 addresses at all.
    29.12.2020-15:05 - DEBUG - Found 1 unique addresses at all.
    29.12.2020-15:05 - DEBUG - safe_exec cmd: sievec '/var/vmail/domain.tld/mailbox/.ispconfig.sieve' - return code: 0
    29.12.2020-15:05 - DEBUG - Calling function 'user_settings_update' from plugin 'rspamd_plugin' raised by event 'mail_user_update'.
    29.12.2020-15:05 - DEBUG - Processed datalog_id 88
    29.12.2020-15:05 - DEBUG - Remove Lock: /usr/local/ispconfig/server/temp/.ispconfig_lock

Code:
    cat /var/vmail/domain.tld/mailbox/.ispconfig.sieve
    # This sieve script is generated by ISPConfig, any changes made will be overwritten.
    # You can create and activate a per-user sieve script (manually or via managesieve),
    # which will execute before this.

require ["fileinto", "mailbox", "regex", "date", "relational", "vacation", "imap4flags", "envelope", "subaddress", "copy", "reject"];

#################################################################
    # Autoreply
    #################################################################

# Move spam to spam folder
    if anyof (header :contains "X-Spam-Flag" "YES", header :contains "X-Spam" "Yes", header :contains "subject" "*** SPAM ***", header :contains "subject" "***SPAM***") {
      # Stop here so that we do not reply on spams
      stop;
    }

if currentdate :value "ge" "iso8601" "2020-12-28T14:55:00" {
    if currentdate :value "le" "iso8601" "2020-12-31T14:55:00" {

vacation  :days 1
      :subject "out of office"
      :addresses ["[email protected]"]
      "see you later";

}
    }

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Just as info, the autoresponder will only fire once for a given sender address, so if you try to test it, you must be aware that sending another email will not trigger another auto response.

3. Keagan

Keagan Member

I saw it in one of you older response few years ago, thats why I created fresh mailbox so I was sure I was the first and only person which even wrote there.

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Ok, and the start date and time in the sieve file was definitely before you tested it, it's easy to get that wrong e.g. when the server internally uses a different time zone.

Nothing in the mail log in regard to the auto-response?

There can also be a sieve log or sieve error log inside the maildir (name start with a dot, so use ls -la to check for it.

5. Keagan

Keagan Member

I found no error in mailbox dir only
    .ispconfig.svbin
    and in mail.log is only that email was delivered but nothing about autoreply or something that I sent any email..

6. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

What is your dovecot.conf? Do you have any custom sieve filters for that mailbox? If you set mail_debug=yes in dovecot config, what shows up in your mail log for a new message from a new sender address?

7. Keagan

Keagan Member

You can close the ticket...my L3 admin changed configuration of postfix/dovecot and thats why it did not worked.

Jesse Norell likes this.
  8. Mettwurscht

Mettwurscht New Member

So, what was the solution? I've got the same problem.

For me it was solved by upgrading ISPconfig and reconfiguring the services.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2021