Availability to configure 'advanced' DNS zone file 'resource records' using IPConfig

Discussion in 'General' started by Argonaut, Apr 22, 2010.

1. Argonaut

Argonaut New Member

Hi All,

I am new to ISPConfig and have been wandering around the ISPConfig Web site attempting to find information on the capability of configuring advanced DNS zone file 'resource records' within ISPConfig.

When using the demo, I have been able to locate the 'DNS Manager' and available resources:

1. Domain
    2. Options
    3. Records

The options that are presented overall are a little bit limited as to the information I am able to include with the DNS zone file. I was hoping to to:

Options:
    • Include more than two nameservers. I wish to allocated an total of five nameservers as per RFC's relating to DNS from IETF.org

Records:
    • The record available here are limited to an total of for - A Record, CNAME, MX and SPF. My requirements are to include - PTR Record, SRV Record, DKIM Record (within TXT Record) and DNSSEC.

I was hoping that someone may be able to point me in the direction to be able to achieve this using ISPConfig.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited: Apr 22, 2010
  2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Which ispconfig version do you use? You refer to the demo which is ispconfig 2 and post here in the ispconfig 3 forum, which is a completely different software.