Awstats not displaying images/icons in report

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by deunan, Feb 16, 2017.

1. deunan

deunan New Member

Hello all

My installation was based on the tutorial for Centos 7.2 here

For webalizer, I'd like to point out the instructions I followed was missing the instructions for installing webalizer. A quick yum install and 24 hours later, all is well ;)

On the other hand, Awstats was a bit more of a bother, the default path for awstats.pl in ISPConfig (ISPConfig -> Server Config -> server -> Web -> AWStats Settings -> awstats.pl script) was incorrect. Probably used by a different linux disribution or something.

The correct path is "/usr/share/awstats/wwwroot/cgi-bin/awstats.pl". I'd reccomend you "find" "awstats.pl" for accuracy, as your mileage may vary depending on the source of the Awstats package.

This fixes it and generates the awsindex and its supporting files.

Another minor issue I encountered was, the index.php in the stats folder doesn't like having no time-zone declared in it. Had to insert the line "ini_set("date.timezone", "Pacific/Tahiti")" right after the "<?php" (remove the outer quotes)

I am unsure whether that is the proper fix or not, at least it stops the pollution of the apache error logs about
    "It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone. in /var/www/clients/client1/web1/web/stats/index.php"

The last issue was the missing images/icons in the generated Awstats reports.

The statistics generated was complete and all, just that all the supporting images are missing. Apache error logs screams of "AH01630: client denied by server configuration: /usr/share/awstats/wwwroot/icon/browser/firefox.png, referer: http://example.com/stats/awsindex.html"

I fix this by editing the file "/etc/httpd/conf.d/awstats.conf", commenting out the line "Require All".

This one I am totally unsure of its implications. I hope someone would advise me if this fix is fine, security-wise.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

I guess your fixes should be fine. I'll update the tutorial.

3. deunan

deunan New Member

Hello Till

Thank you for affirming my fixes being sound.

I relooked back again at Webalizer, while its true it was compiled from source, it was unconfigured. I found the compiled executable located here "/usr/local/bin/webalizer" but the thing is unconfigured, the config file remained "/usr/local/etc/webalizer.conf.sample".

Trying to figure out why it didn't work, I thought the cron file "/etc/cron.hourly/00webalizer" was generated by ISPConfig. It was an instinctive on my part to execute yum install webalizer and it found one in Epel, installs it and it worked 24hours later :D

Thank you again Till for the awesome ISPConfig.