AWStats not working

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Shaky, Dec 17, 2020.

1. Shaky

Shaky New Member

I've set up some webhosts to generate AWStats reports. But none of them work. The server is several years old but I've never used AWStats on this server before. I'm running three other servers with ISPConfig and AWStats is working on all of them. I've already compared config files, cronjobs and so on. No big differences.
    When I set up AWStats for a webhost, the "stats" folder is created with index.php, .htaccess and .htpasswd_stats. That's it, no matter how many days I wait or if I run the ISPConfig cronjob manually, the stats are not generated.
    Calling
    Code:
    php cron_debug.php --cronjob=150-awstats.inc.php
    returns with no delay and no error messages ("finished cron debug.") and no stats are written. There are no error messages in /var/log/syslog, /var/log/messages, /var/log/ispconfig/cron.log, /var/log/ispconfig/cron.log or /var/log/ispconfig/ispconfig.log.
    There are config files for the webhosts in /etc/awstats and when I run AWStats directly on its own with
    Code:
    /usr/share/awstats/tools/awstats_buildstaticpages.pl -config=MYDOMAIN.COM -update -awstatsprog=/usr/lib/cgi-bin/awstats.pl -dir=/var/www/clients/clientXX/webXX/web/stats
    AWStats generates the reports.

I'm really stuck.
    Please help me to debug that further.

ISPConfig v3.2.1
    Debian 9

2. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

In not familiar with how those stats are processed, but 2 things come to mind to try/check, have you run the ispconfig updater and reconfigure services since installing awstats? You might check what server plugins are enabled, perhaps there's one for awstats that hasn't been enabled?

3. Shaky

Shaky New Member

Yes ISPConfig has been updated und reconfigured several times the last years, the last time yesterday. Just to get sure. :)
    AWStats was installed on the server from the beginning, I just did not use it until now. Do I need to enable an extra plugin for AWStats, I don't know. Could not find one. All paths in System -> Sever Config -> Web -> AWStats Settings are valid.

The only thing that doesn't look right is that the ISPConfig monitoring says that the webserver is offline. It isn't indeed.
    Might that be the issue? AWStats won't run if the webserver is reported to be down?
    Tried that now. ISPConfig shows the service webserver as online. AWStats are still not generated (tried with "php cron_debug.php --cronjob=150-awstats.inc.php").