Awstats 'stopped' updating

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by omega1, Dec 15, 2022.

Tags:
  1. omega1

omega1 New Member

Hi all,
    I have an issue whereby Awstats seems to have 'stopped' updating, the last update is 8th December. This coincided with some SSL issues I was having and I fear I may have hanged something that has impacted/triggered a problem with Awstats.
    I have checked and the line
    * * * * * /usr/local/ispconfig/server/cron.sh
    is still in the crontab
    I tried running
    php /usr/local/ispconfig/server/cron_debug.php --cronjob=150-awstats.inc.php
    and got this:
    finished cron debug.
    But the awstats for the sites still appears as last updated on 8th December.
    I would appreciate some pointers in where to start looking for the potential issue?
    Many thanks in advance

2. omega1

omega1 New Member

Ah... to add to this, it seems to be impacting only one site, others are updating correctly.

3. omega1

omega1 New Member

OK, I think I have spotted the problem, the site with no stats has no content in the logs folder, for the site in question. I assume that Awstats reads from this folder?
    Will try and investigate what there are no files in there...

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Does the log data show up in the matching folder under /var/log/ispconfig/httpd/domain.tld/ ? If yes, then the issue is that the website log folder is not mounted correctly via bind mount. Check if the bind mount line for it is there in /etc/fstab. If not, add it, and run 'mount -a" to apply the changes.

omega1 likes this.
  5. omega1

omega1 New Member

@till Thank you for your quick reply.
    You were spot on! There were files in the matching folder, but there was no entry for the site in /etc/fstab so I made the entry and then mount -a and all is working now.
    Thanks for your help!