Back ups - in ispconfig

Discussion in 'General' started by smokinjo, Aug 21, 2018.

1. smokinjo

smokinjo Member

I am trying to locate the files that are created by activating the backup features in ISPConfig.
    I was wondering, I found a [place to back up mail and web. I think I read somewhere inthe manual that when you make a back up on the websites, all databases for that domain are backed up with it. Is this true?

Where are the files located?
    mail - I know where this is.
    web - where are these files put?
    databases - if they are not combined with the web files, where are these backed up files??

Thanks

Joseph

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Backups are located in subfolders of /var/backup, unless you specified a different folder in the server settings.

3. smokinjo

smokinjo Member

Hello,

I found the mail back ups there. Thanks.

I just turned on the website back ups. I will wait until tomorrow to see if they show up.
    I will see the results and get back if I have more questions.
    Thanks

Joseph

4. smokinjo

smokinjo Member

Hello,

I found all the back ups. Mail, websites and databases are all there. Thanks!

I saw a feature that allows us to choose the number of backups we want to keep.

Does this mean that the older files will be erased dailly, as new ones are added?

Thanks

Joseph

5. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The most recent X (whatever you set) backups are kept. If you choose to make daily backups, then yes, one old backup will be erased daily. If you set monthly backups, then one old backup will be erased monthly.