backing up files from Evolution and Firefox

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by tmick, Sep 23, 2007.

1. tmick

tmick New Member

Hi,
    I need to know what files I should include in my backup strategy for Evolution and Firefox single user.
    I have included the .mozilla in my user's home directory, and these files in from my home directory also: username/mail, /username/.evolution, /var/spool/mail/username /username/home/.spamassain to get my email and settings.
    The goal is to ensure I get all my bookmarks, saved passwords, and extensions back into my browser. Also to ensure I get all my email and settings, message rules (if sender = [email protected] move to folder Joe Smoe), and folders in evolution.

Also if someone has the .repos list for Fedora 7, including Livina and Macromedia repositories that would be great.
    Thannks in advance.

2. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

If you use Maildir for your emails (instead of mbox), the easiest way would be to back up the whole homedir of the user. :)

3. tmick

tmick New Member

Ah if only it was that easy, unfortunately when I just do a backup of my /home/username I lose files for some screwy reason. I either don't get my e-mail or lose the message rules or something else turns up lost. I just want to be sure that when I do a back up it's getting what I want saved to the back up and not be a waste of time.