Backing up ISPConfig Server

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by adonosonix, Oct 15, 2013.

1. adonosonix

adonosonix New Member

Dear All,

I did set up my ISPConfig server according to the guide (apache, dovecot, postfix, bind).
    Now, I would like to backup the ISPConfig configuration, all the websites, all the databases and all the e-mails.
    This is a very regular backup that should be executed frequently (for the databases and the e-mails).

So the idea is to get a comprehensive backup, with the smallest possible amount of data. I mean, I could backup the entire hard drive every hour, but that wouldn't make sense.

Here is what I have found :

For the websites, I should backup:
    /var/www

For the mails:
    /var/vmail

For the databases:
    /var/lib/mysql/

Also, I have an automated process that can install me a fresh server, with ISPConfig and all the stuffs described in the perfect server guide.
    If i restore, on top of that, the three folders above, will I get my websites and their databases OK (Including the clients in ISPConfig)? Will I get back all the mailboxes and the mails inside ?

Do I miss something ?

Thanks for your help.

2. VaKvas

VaKvas New Member

The same question..
    Does somebody knows if is this is enought?

3. adonosonix

adonosonix New Member

Good luck with that. I have been searching for a long time. Many of the solutions either involve the transfer of large amounts of data or server replication (which implies that you have two servers).
    This is especially true for dovecot (mail). There is apparently no safe way of backing it up to a physical support (archive, other disk) while it's running.