Backup does not work since latest update

Discussion in 'General' started by tdemeter, Jun 16, 2022.

1. tdemeter

tdemeter New Member

Dear Community,

The ispconfig's backup modules does not work since latest update. I can't make backups of our websites.
    We have a centos7 based installation with the latest update.

I've found only one error message in ispconfig's cron.log:
    16.06.2022-11:48 - DEBUG [modules.inc:240] - Processed datalog_id 8986
    Thu Jun 16 11:48:24 CEST 2022 16.06.2022-11:48 - DEBUG [plugins.inc:155] - Calling function 'make_backup_callback' from plugin 'backup_plugin' raised by action 'backup_database'.
    Thu Jun 16 11:48:24 CEST 2022 PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '(' in /usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib/classes/backup.inc.php on line 1083
    Thu Jun 16 11:49:01 CEST 2022 16.06.2022-11:49 - WARNING - There is already a lockfile set, but no process running with this pid (20178). Continuing.
    Any idea?

Thanks in advance,
    Tibor

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Please run:

php --version

and post the result.

3. tdemeter

tdemeter New Member

Dear Till,
    Thank you for your reply.

[root@ispconfig ispconfig]# php --version
    PHP 5.4.16 (cli) (built: Apr 1 2020 04:07:17)
    Copyright (c) 1997-2013 The PHP Group
    Zend Engine v2.4.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2013 Zend Technologies

4. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

Update of what?
    Those are often caused by running under wrong PHP version. Default PHP on CentOS 7 should be 5.4, like your php --version shows. You could check what is on lines 1080 -- 1087 or thereabouts on that file, to rule out something having messed up that file.

5. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

If I remember correctly, we had this issue some time ago in the forum already, it is caused by the old PHP 5.4 version, there were some changes in the current ISPConfig version that are not compatible with PHP 5.4. This was not intended as we did not drop support for CentOS 7, but there is currently no fix available yet. Possible solutions are to upgrade the PHP of the system to a 7.x release (that's possible on centOS with ISPConfig, but don't do that on Debian or Ubuntu)

ahrasis likes this.
  6. tdemeter

tdemeter New Member

I have a lot of other versions of php on this system (remi), but ispconfig uses the centos7's default. How can I change this to safety?

7. tdemeter

tdemeter New Member

A cut from my file. The line 1083 is what begin with })(), LOGLEVEL_ERROR);

protected static function getReposArchives($backup_mode, $repos_path, $password, $list_format = 'short')
    {
    global $app;
    if ( ! is_dir($repos_path)) {
    $app->log("Unknown path " . var_export($repos_path, TRUE)
    . ' called from ' . (function() {
    $dbt = debug_backtrace();
    return $dbt[1]['file'] . ':' . $dbt[1]['line'];
    })(), LOGLEVEL_ERROR);
    return FALSE;
    }

Thank you for your time

8. michelangelo

michelangelo Active Member

That's quite simple.
    Just enable one of Remi's PHP repos from "/etc/yum.repos.d/remi-php*" and after you've enabled one of these repos just do a "yum update".

9. tdemeter

tdemeter New Member

It's already enabled, because I have a lot of alternate php versions in ispconfig (by remi), but these versions are independent of each other, it does not use the system (and/or ispconfig) by default.
    How can I enable one of these to use ispconfig?

10. michelangelo

That's wrong what you wrote.
    The alternate PHP versions are available through Remi's "base" or remi-safe repository.

As I wrote, Remi offers PHP packages that will override the default PHP version of the OS but therefore you'll have to enable by editing one of the repositories which are located in /etc/yum.repos.d.

If you want to use PHP 7.0 then you'll have to modify remi-php70.repo and set enabled from 0 to 1.

11. tdemeter

tdemeter New Member

Ok, I've see.
    Some of our websites uses the old, original version of php. Is it possible to keep both version somehow?
    Thanks

12. michelangelo

What you could do is to install Remi's PHP 5.4 as an additional version if you haven't already.
    Set it up in ISPConfig and subsitute all websites running "Default PHP" with the additional PHP 5.4 version.