backup email

Discussion in 'Server Operation' started by edopol, Dec 19, 2020.

Tags:
  1. edopol

edopol Member

How can I download all backups of the mailboxes, to move to another server? is there any script that moves me daily backups on web directories to be able to downlod each box

2. Th0m

Th0m ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Which backups do you mean?

Are you using ISPConfig? Which OS? Courier or dovecot?

3. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

For moving mail to a new server, I use rsync; using backup files with be a lot more complex, plus miss any be mail that has arrived since the backup was made.
    I don't know if any, but the backup files are stored in a directory per website, scripting a download of those would be pretty simple. I would suggest uploading from the server might make sense, rather than downloading from it, as the latter requires remote root access. And if I were automating the task of keeping download files in sync at a remote location, I would again be looking at rsync to accomplish that.

4. edopol

edopol Member

yes, I use ispconfig 3.1.15, dovecot, Debian Stretch

5. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

6. Th0m

7. edopol

edopol Member

thanks a lot for the help, i solved it with imapsync,
    Now I have the problem that roundcube does not accept attachments, ERROR DURING FILE UPLOADING, I have 100 mb available per attachment, and I cannot attach 10 kb in any format

8. Taleman

Using Internet Search Engines with
    Code:
    roundcube ERROR DURING FILE UPLOADING site:howtoforge.com
    finds useful discussions about similar problems.

9. edopol

edopol Member

I followed all the posts found but I can't upload the files, I can replace roundcube with another webmail such as squirrelmail, without losing the mail

10. Th0m

You should not use squirrelmail as it hasn't been updated in years so it is quite unsafe.

Which version of Roundcube are you using? Is it configured properly?

11. edopol

edopol Member

until recently it worked very well, I don't know what happened, if after the last update of the os something has changed, the version of ispconfig is 3.1.13p1 and I can't update it to 3.2, it asks me to add --force, and is a production server, the roundcube version is 1.2.3

12. Taleman

13. edopol

edopol Member

I have already followed this post, but I could not solve it, errors are enabled,
    max-post 100M. upload-max-filesize 100M

14. Th0m

If you can't update it means you are on the latest version, but you can update to 3.2.1 manually even if it's installed with
    Code:
    ispconfig_update.sh --force
    . Make sure you reconfigure services and remove conflicting conf-custom templates.

15. Taleman

Did you notice your disk is full?
    Code:
    /dev/sda1 ext4 20G 19G 0 100% /
    Like, the threads the search engines found discuss checking if disk is full?
    Your system probably stores tmp files on that full root partition, or try to and fail since it is full.
    Also, post your listings in CODE tags to keep it readable and use LANG=C before the command to make output in english. Like so:
    Code:
    LANG=C df -hT

16. edopol

edopol Member

I noticed yesterday, this discrepancy, it happened after the system update from isèconfig, tonight I solved it by running apt dist-upgrade from the terminal, and it cleaned the folder / now occupies 2.4 gb

now everything works correctly, thanks a lot for the technical and moral support because I was already willing to buy another server and go through everything to solve the problem.
    Happy Holidays