Backup error on satellite DNS server after ISPConfig 3.2 update

Discussion in 'General' started by frankbootmaker, Oct 18, 2020.

1. frankbootmaker

frankbootmaker New Member HowtoForge Supporter

Hi Till,
    I upgraded to ISPConfig 3.2 and during the nightly backup run I received errors on the satellite DNS server -that does not hold the websites only a replica of the DNS- stating that the websites, set for backup were not possible to processed.
    It looks to me if the new backup would also push the backup to this satellite server that is only set for DNS and DB, and does not hold any copy of the websites.

An example error message is: "Backup of web files for domain <domain-set-for-backup> failed using path /var/www/clients/../.. failed."

The backup on the correct server, holding the Web and DB files did successfully complete.

What could be the issue / how could I fix it to avoid error messages in the log?

Cheers,
    Ferenc

2. Th0m

Th0m ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Is the web service enabled for that node? and is that node set as mirror?

3. frankbootmaker

Hi, this is a DNS mirror server, only DNS and DB services are installed and enabled on it for mirroring.
    This is why it's strange what process does search for executing the backup of webfiles on this node as well.
    The issue is the same on all my systems with a DNS and DB mirror configuration.

4. Th0m

So web is not enabled as service for that node? because if it is, it will be mirrored

5. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

It is not currently possible to select which services you want to have mirrored, when you set one server to mirror another, database changes for all services are mirrored.

6. frankbootmaker

Only the DNS and DB services are set on the satellite (secondary DNS) server. No other services are enabled, therefore it should not try to perform backup of the websites on this server.

7. Th0m

It might be a bug. Can you file a bug report on git.ispconfig.org with all related info (OS, ISPConfig version, Apache or nginx, PHP version, etc)? That way, the author of the new backup plugin can look into it.

8. Th0m

A quick fix to prevent your log from being flooded with this message is opening server/lib/classes/backup.inc.php (within the ISPConfig directory on your system), and go to line 1334. That should be:
    Code:
    $app->log('Backup of web files for domain ' . $web_domain['domain'] . ' failed using path ' . $web_path . ' failed.', LOGLEVEL_ERROR);
    Change this to:
    Code:
    $app->log('Backup of web files for domain ' . $web_domain['domain'] . ' failed using path ' . $web_path . ' failed.', LOGLEVEL_DEBUG);
    This way, it is only shown if you have debug logging enabled.