Backup filters - how to check excludes

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by Petar, Dec 2, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Petar

Petar Member HowtoForge Supporter

Dear friends,
    I'm trying to fine toon the backup script of some websites, but for some of them oddly, the exclude filters are not working.
    Can somebody point me how to check the final command that will be used using the filter, either in some backup-cron or backup-script-output?
    This way i could try different settings for exclude and check them before they are wrongly executed.

My filters look like this and maybe thats why they are not executed: web/folder/name*/folder/*/*/*.swf, web/folder/name*/folder/*/*/*.mp3 ...

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

As far as I can see, there is no debug output of that command. You can find the code in /usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib/backup.inc.php the list gets created in the function generateExcludeList. The actual command differs depending on the backup compression method, maybe not all of the support excludes in the same way, you will have to debug the dedicated compression method you use.

To run the backup cronjob, use the corn debug command:

cd /usr/local/ispconfig/server
    php cron_debug.php --cronjob=500-backup.inc.php

3. Petar

Petar Member HowtoForge Supporter

OK, Thank you Till, i will debug and post final results here which of the exclude methods is working ornot.
    I'm using the standard tar.gz by the way.

Regards

till likes this.
  4. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell Well-Known Member Staff Member Howtoforge Staff

Make sure you're on a recent ISPConfig release, some of that was changed/fixed not too terribly long ago.