Backup Mail Relay + Spamfilter

Discussion in 'General' started by marinus, Nov 9, 2009.

1. marinus

marinus New Member

Hi,

I have two Debian Lenny Servers in an ISPConfig 3 multi server setup. I configured server2 to act as a mail backup for server1 using the mail routing feature of ISPConfig 3. The basic setup works fine.

I can also see that mails delivered to server2 are virus scanned on server 2.

Since many spammers seem to prefer a backup (higher DNS MX level) server to deliver their mail I wanted to configure server2 to apply the spam filter before relaying the mail to server1. I tried to add a Spammfilter-User for all users of the routed domain but unfortunatley this was not possible as it seems the Email Pattern needs to be unique across all servers (Error: Duplicate entry '@domain.tld' for key 2), but @domain.tld is already configured as a Spamfilter-User pattern on server1.

Is this a bug or is this configuration just not possible?

Thanks,
    David

Last edited: Nov 9, 2009
  2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

This is no bug as the configuration you did is not within the normal scope of using ispconfig. But you can remove the duplicate check in the spamfilter_users.tform.php file.

3. voltron81

voltron81 New Member

and if in the backup server I don't want to check email smap and viruses, how can I tell to postfix to pass all the email without check nothing?

thanks
    Michele