backup mx with ispconfig and postfix

Discussion in 'General' started by the_spy, May 18, 2007.

1. the_spy

the_spy New Member

Hello,

I'm using the last stable version 2.2.12 of ispconfig, on a stable debian 4 setup with postfix 2.1.5-9

I want to add a domain in my server as a backup MX for a friend, but it seems it's not an option in ispconfig.

so I found that the option "relay_domains = domain.com" is needed in the main.cf file in postfix to make a backup mx for domain.com

first question, will it work correctly with the ispconfig configuration if I add this line ?

and second question, I do not see the text "//// MAKE MANUAL ENTRIES BELOW THIS LINE! ////" at the end of main.cf, so I'm able to change main.cf manually or not ?

Thanks!

2. Inflicted

Inflicted New Member

Excellent question!!

I have the exact same problem and with the same server setup...

A friend wants to use my system as a backup/secondary MX server.

In other words, he wants all mail for his domains to be queued onto my server, and when his server recovers from downtime, all mail will automatically be pushed onto his primary MX server.

Looking forward to a reply... :)

3. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The main.cf file is not changed by ISPConfig, so you may add any config you need. Thats the reason why there is no such line "//// MAKE MANUAL ENTRIES BELOW THIS LINE! ////" in this file.

4. the_spy

the_spy New Member

ok thanks till

do you know if the backup mx option will be a feature in next releases of ispconfig ?

5. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

ISPConfig does not write to main.cf at all, so I dont think that we will change this in the next releases.