Basic ldap support for ISPConfig3

Discussion in 'Developers' Forum' started by dron, Aug 26, 2013.

1. dron

dron New Member

Hello all,

I am working on possibility to authenticate to ispconfig's frontend with ldap credentials (as a client). I did first (really simple) working version where you have to create user in ispconfig first (for example with empty password) and then if ldap account exists, you can authenticate with ldap password. If user can not authenticate via ldap, mysql authentication is used.

Looks this like useful feature?

I found partly similar feature request - http://bugtracker.ispconfig.org/index.php?do=details&task_id=2113

My modifications are simple, I just changed interface/web/login/index.php. Now I would like to take parameters from global config.inc.php (can I use prefix ldap_?).

In the future I would like to allow ldap users to log in without user created in ispconfig and let the ispconfig create client for them automagically ;-). But here I will need some help...

My use case is to allow our university's users log in into frontend and let them manage their own web pages/db/ftp/ssh accounts.

How about that? Any suggestions?

Best regards,

Dron

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Maybe it would be a god idea to implement a login handler as ispconfig plugin. I guess we will have to create a new event for that as there is currently only a event that fires after login. So we would be able to implement additional authentification methods in future and the ldap implementation can be done as plugin.

That prefix is fine.

That should be possible as long as you create the client, sys_user and sys_group records in the ispconfig mysql database before you start the user session.