best tutorial to use Letsencrypt under ISPConfig

Discussion in 'General' started by Bart Teunis, Jan 3, 2024.

1. Bart Teunis

Bart Teunis New Member

Hello Everybody,
    I am a little confused. I would like to use the letsencrypt option under /sites/websites/ add new site. Somehow I am able to turn on SSL but letsencrypt is not working. So doe this work at all and if yes how do I do this .....
    I am running
    ISPConfig Version: 3.2.11p1 on a Ubuntu 22.04 platform

Thank you very much in advance

2. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

3. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

No, of course not. We built all these little checkboxes and select fields in ISPConfig UI just for fun. None of these is connected to any functions, we just made a photoshop image of something that looks like a GUI to make fun of users ;) And just to mention if someone is taking this seriously, it works of course, on a few hundred thousand servers.

To enable a checkbox in a website or web based GUI application, you move the mouse cursor above that checkbox, then you click on the checkbox. In your specific case, it's the let's encrypt checkbox of the website. This causes a visible response in the GUI which shows the user that the checkbox is enabled. Then you press the green save button at the bottom of the page to save the change.

Back to the original topic, the guide on how to debug a let's encrypt issuing failure is even pinned at the top of this forum section, and it is mentioned in basically any thread on that topic. Please use the search function in the forum before posting! See here for detailed step-by-step instructions to find out why LE refused to issue a cert for your domain: https://forum.howtoforge.com/threads/lets-encrypt-error-faq.74179/

And you might also want to read this: https://www.howtoforge.com/ispconfig-website/

Last edited: Jan 3, 2024
    ahrasis and Th0m like this.