Best way to migrate ispconfig from old to new server

Discussion in 'General' started by pecka33, Oct 8, 2024.

1. pecka33

pecka33 Member

Hello,
    i am using debian 12 with latest ispconfig. Is here any easy way how to migrate complete ispconfig with sites data from old to new clear debian 12 server for free? Or i have to install ispconfig to my new server and migrate all manually for example with rsync?
    For example i found this but not sure if i can to use it https://www.howtoforge.com/tutorial...-confixx-plesk-to-ispconfig-31-single-server/
    Thank you.

2. pyte

pyte Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

The Migration Tool is what you are looking for if you want the easiest way of doing so. You can find the Tool here:
    https://www.ispconfig.org/add-ons/ispconfig-migration-tool/

The guide you posted seems correct for what you are trying to do. I don't know what the limitations of the toolkit without a license are, but the tool itself will tell you :) Might consider purchasing a license and support the ISPConfig developers if possible!

Strontium, remkoh and ahrasis like this.
  3. pecka33

pecka33 Member

Thank you so much. I will probably buy it. But i want to know difference between free and full version of migration tool?
    And second. I am using two servers - debian 12, ispconfig latest versions, both of them have a lot of websites.
    I would like to migrate all data from one (about 50 websites, 10 email domains and 10 mailboxes) to my another server. If this possible? Dont be rewrite my data on my second server (target)? Or is better way migrate to clear new install of ispconfig?

4. pyte

pyte Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

This is no problem. The toolkit will handle that for you even if there are entries that are present on both sides. It even asks you how you'd like to handle such cases.

I really don't know. @till can answer that for you :)

5. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

There is no free version of the Tool. However, you can test it in dry-run mode without buying a license. Dry-run mode is a simulation mode that shows you in the log what the tool would do during migration so you can test it to see if it works in your environment. The dry-run mode does not actually migrate any data or configuration.

ahrasis and pyte like this.