Best webmail interface?

Discussion in 'Server Operation' started by mike, Apr 25, 2005.

1. mike

mike New Member

Hi guys,

I'd like to install a webmail interface on my mail server (SuSE 9.2 + Postfix + Courier-IMAP + Courier-POP3). Do you know of any good (and free... ;) ) webmail packages?

Michael

2. tommyboy

tommyboy New Member

3. bosei

bosei Member

How does one integrate squirrelmail through ISPConfig. I have uebimiau which can simply be installed as a .pkg even under SUSE but how is Squirrelmail done? i noticed that the new release (1.4.5 released) has some very smart features but there does not appear to be any packages for SUSE

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You can install squirrelmail in any php enabled website on your server, as long as you have installed an IMAP daemon it will work perfectly with ISPConfig.

5. domino

domino New Member

I personally like Horde. But it doesn't mean I have it installed :(. Sounds too complicated to install.

6. bosei

bosei Member

Cheers Till.

I beleive courier imapd is installed as a pre-requisite for ISPConfig so would this do?
    Can it co-exist with uebimiau?
    Can it be installed in the servers root (e.g. /srv/www/) and shared by virtual hosts or does it need to be installed per site?

Domino... I just took a look at Horde and your right "it seems complicated." Looks like many of the imp features are now in Squirrelmail 1.4.5 though... with plug-in heaven to add other features.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2005
  7. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Yes.

yes.

I recommend to not use the /srv/www at all in an ISP hosting enviroment.

Make a new website in ISPConfig with host: webmail domain: yourdomain.com
    and install the webmail there. Then all your customers can use the webmail with the easy to remember url: webmail.yourdomain.com

8. bosei

bosei Member

Thanks Till. I'll try this later tonight after I try to sort out why my sites have suddenly got .htpasswd files in their root. I'm getting complaints from my test sites that they are showing: